Right I know it’s the day after Pancake Day but who cares right! We made a nifty recipe using whole foods that really packs a punch. This recipe contains great sources of healthy fats, lots of protein and some slow releasing carbohydrates.
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 cup of Organic, Gluten Free Oats
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Egg Whites
- 250ml of Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of Manuka Honey + Lemon
- 2 tsp of Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil.
How to Cook It:
- Chuck all the Ingredients in a NutriBullet or other blender type thing.
- If too thick add in more almond milk, to runny add more oats.
- Heat a non-stick pan with minuscule amount of Coconut Oil inside.
- Each pancake takes around 2 mins/side to cook. Just wait till it’s easy to flip an dove around the pan.
- Then roll them onto a warm plate whilst you do the rest.
- Then up to you to add some toppings – we had papaya, strawberries and banana.
For those who count there’s roughly per pancake:
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 15g
- Protein 20g
Hope you enjoy and let us know how you get on and if you added/replaced some ingredients.
The LBF team